Please note there is a change of due dates for this assignment. It is due on Monday, March 28. For extra credit you may choose more than one topic.
Write a 500 to 1000-word essay on one of the following topics involving the connections between computing and real-world economic, social and cultural contexts. (20 points)
Each of these topics involves research. Be sure to cite your sources. Plagiarism to any extent will result in no credit.
- The innovation and impact of social media and online access varies in different countries and in different socioeconomic groups.
- Mobile, wireless, and networked computing have an impact on innovation throughout the world.
- Groups and individuals are affected by the “digital divide” – differing access to computing and the internet based on socioeconomic or geographic characteristics.
- Networks and infrastructures are supported by both commercial and governmental initiatives.
- Current forms of communication have changed, both positively and negatively, the way we interact with one another.
Your work on this writing problem will be evaluated along three axes primarily.
- To what extent does your submission align with the requirements of the specification? Did you research the topic? Did you cite your sources? (7 points)
- To what extent is your submission correct and free of factual errors? (7 points)
- To what extent is your submission readable (i.e., thoughtfully organized, coherent, words properly spelled)? (6 points)