This is our next to last week of semester 1! Our goal is to be mostly done with Unit 2 the end of the marking period. For periods 1, 2, 7, upload all programs at least through caesar to dropbox by 1/22. For periods 5, 6 (due to lack of usable internet most days), at least through calc (at least having started on calc).
The semester final will be given on Thursday, Jan 21. You may make your own study guide/reference sheet, one page, two sided, handwritten, to use with the exam. You will hand this in with your exam.
Topics will include:
- Binary numbers
- Size of ints and integer overflow
- Floating point imprecision
- Understanding the encryption used in caesar and vigenere
- What does compiling a program do?
- Understanding pseudocode
- Conditionals (if, if else, else) statements
- How dividing ints truncates any decimal places
- Argc, argv, what is argv, argv, etc
- Iterating through a string, strlen, isupper, islower, isalpha, toupper, tolower
- Changing a string to upper or lower case by adding and subtracting chars (watch video capitalize-0)
- Finding the length of a string by looking for ‘\0’
The last assignment of the semester is Writing Problem 3-5: Analyze This a reflection/self-assessment of this past semester. It is due on January 25th. Please submit as a google doc and share this with me at firstname.lastname@example.org.